THE OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS AND DEVELOPMENT
The Office of International Programs & Development (OIPD) was set up in May 2010 as a response to GIMPA’s expanding programs with external and international universities, agencies and other institutions since 2005. The need became even stronger with the vision of GIMPA to move from “From Excellence to Greatness”. GIMPA has always had engagements with the international community however the rising demand of such engagements propelled the need to establish a platform that would coordinate all international programs and events on behalf of the institute.
The vision of the Office is to cultivate and nurture the growth of global partnerships with universities and agencies to GIMPA on the global map and to provide our students and faculty with an international experience in education in our fields of competence (Leadership, Business Administration and Management) whilst exploring new trends around the world.
Our mission is to ensure that all Faculty, Students and Staff obtain an international experience through our global partnerships and alliances.
To this end we promote, assist and coordinate all international activities throughout the Institute. Functions of the Office include;
- Working together with students, faculty and staff members to enhance GIMPA’s role as an international institute of education and research in Africa.
- Coordinating the institute’s comprehensive linkages with selected higher education institutions, agencies and departments outside the country.
- Engaging partner institutions to explore our research potential in collaborative efforts on global issues and faculty training programs as required.
- Organizing and conducting study/internship abroad programs.
- Providing various services and advice to international students, scholars and all stakeholders and GIMPA.